Efteling park in the Netherlands. Efteling is one of the leading attraction parks in Europe (top 3). Over four million visitors per year visit Efteling in Kaatsheuvel, in the province of Noord-Brabant. Efteling presents fairy-tale experiences, attractions and events in its landscaped 72 hectare park. Efteling also operates a 120-room hotel that includes themed guest rooms, a recreational village ‘Bosrijk’ and an 18-holes golf course; a special department for events and a 1200-seat theatre. Efteling also produces its own musicals and shows and media productions.
Before joining Efteling, Bart de Boer was President and CEO of Eindhoven Airport, from 2000-2008.
The TEA Summit is part of the Themed Entertainment Association's 2013 Weekend of Events, which includes the annual 2-day Summit (April 4-5) and the annual Thea Awards Gala (April 6). The events are held at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif USA. Click here for tickets/more information.
|Aquanura, Efteling park, Netherlands|
- realized growth from 3.1 million to over 4 million visitors per year in the period 2008-2010
- Realized Recreational Village Bosrijk in 2009.
- Initiated the year-round operation of the Efteling park.
- Realized an upgrade of the catering quality and facilities: opening of restaurant ‘Station the East’ in 2010, restaurant ‘Wapen van Raveleijn’ in 2011 and Restaurant ‘Polles Kitchen’ in 2012.
- Realized new attractions: Rollercoaster Ride George & the Dragon in 2010, parkshow Raveleijn in 2011 and Aquanura in 2012, the 3rd largest watershow in the world.
- Realized additional attractions to Efteling’s fairytale forest: Cinderella in 2009, Fairytale tree in 2010 and The Emperor’s New Clothes in 2012.
- Realized new TV-series such as ‘the Treasury’: 2 hours of Efteling TV per day.